CONDITIONS FOR HIRE OF HODGSON VALE
COMMUNITY SPORTS CLUB
CONDITIONS OF HALL HIRE
- Please read all conditions carefully before signing agreement. By signing agreement you are confirming that you have read and understood all conditions regarding use of The Hall.
- If you don’t understand any of the following conditions please ask for assistance.
- It is also suggested that you retain a copy of the following conditions until period of hire ceases as a reference when conditions are being complied with and ensuring hall is to a satisfactory standard upon leaving
- Committee = Committee of Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club
- Short Term Hire = One off event
- Long Term Hire = For a number of set dates over a set duration
- Hirer = The person that executes the Hall Hire Form and their agents, assigns and successors
Short Term Hire:
- $120.00/visit for short-term hire (members)
- $160.00/visit for short-term hire (non-members)
- $300.00 Bond - or as per arrangements made with the Committee Member. (returned to payee upon satisfactory inspection of the Hall at the end of the rental period).
- Note: Short Term Hirers are required to pay a $50.00 deposit at time of booking to confirm booking, which is then deducted from total costs listed above.
Long Term Hire:
- $12.00 / hour (allowance of 15mins before & after for set up & clean up)
- $300.00 Bond - or as per arrangements made with the Committee Member. (bond is Banked & returned to payee upon satisfactory inspection of the Hall at the end of the rental period)
- If hirer not already – must become a Annual Financial Member to the Club
- Payment for long term hire to be paid at start of hire period in advance, quarterly, or as per arrangements made with the Committee Members.
- Arrangements can be made for collection of hall keys, by contacting the Booking Officer. Keys must be returned by 9 am of the day following end of rental period, or as per arrangements made with the Committee Member.
- Key Register to be signed
- Facilities provided (cost inclusive in hire fee)
- Large 3 door industrial fridge
- Medium 2 door fridge
- Electric oven & cook top
- Electric urn
- Microwave oven
- 10 x eight-seat tables
- 1 x four-seat table, suitable for tea, coffee etc
- 80 chairs
- 1 trolley
- 6 bar stools
- Ceiling fans
- 2 split system air conditioners
- 2 internal toilets & 1 external/disabled toilet
- Lighting (internal & external)
- Power points for catering & entertainment
- Large car park
- Sporting oval
- Partially fenced adjoining playground (incl. swings)
- Cleaning materials (broom, mop & buckets, dustpan & brush, rubbish bins)
- Extras (these are not included in hire fee):
- Tennis Courts: $30.00/day (incl. shelter shed with seating & electricity)
- 6 Burner Barbecue: $10.00/day (for outside use only)
- Sound System $90.00/day set up by committee
- China & Cutlery $20.00 (0-20 people, $50.00 (21-50 people), $80.00 (51-80 people)
All items located in and at the hall remain the property of the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club at all times before, during and after the hire period, and title to items shall not pass, nor shall it be deemed to pass to hirer in any circumstances what so ever.
- Cancellation of booking will lead to forfeit of deposit as follows:
- Within 14 days of booked date 100% of deposit
- More then 14 days prior to booked date 20% of deposit
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO HIRE
- The hirer must advise the intended use of the Hall.
- If hall hire is for an 18th, 21st or Graduation function, the following points MUST be adhered to:
1. Function must be registered on the “Party Safe Register” with the Police
2. All available carparks on site are to be used before parking in the street
3. Notify neighbors by way of a letter drop, in Maydean Court & houses close to hall of intended gathering
- Any hirer that intends to provide activities for children during their elected rental period must hold a current Working with Children Blue Card. This also applies to anyone that the hirer may employ during the rental period. Copies of Blue Cards of all hirers and employees must be provided to the Committee on request
- If any keys are lost it is the responsibility of the Hirer to pay for replacement keys to be cut.
- For short-term hirer - Submission of completed Hall Hire Form and payment of deposit.
- For long-term hirer - Submission of completed Hall Hire Form and payment of the quarterly hire period in advance to be met
- For long-term hirer - Submission of completed Membership Form and payment
- For long-term hirer - Submission of a Calendar with specific dates for hire period.
- For long-term hirer - Hirer must hold a current Public Liability insurance policy for a value of no less then 5 million dollars and provide a copy of the Certificate of Currency for same to the Committee Member with Hall Hire Form.
The Hirer covenants that:
- If a hirer is providing activities involving children, that hirer or their employee shall remain responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the children from the time that they are present at the Hall, up to and until the children are collected by their parent/guardian from the designated pick-up zone. Further the Hirer indemnifies in relation to any claim for death, injury or losses resulting from the Hirer’s failure to comply with this Clause.
- All hirers indemnify and hold indemnified the Hall Committee and its members from any liability in relation to activities conducted by or on behalf of the hirer.
- Any maintenance requirements or breakages are to be reported immediately to booking officer (refer to page 4 for contact details)
- All government regulations concerning noise and alcohol consumption must be adhered to. Glass bottles in any form must not be used at Hall or court functions and if necessary to do so, written permission from the Committee needs to be obtained prior to the booked date and such permission noted on the Hall Hire Form.
- All functions must end by 12am Midnight – all noise and lights are to be turned off by this time.
- Upon inspection of the Hall after any hired session, if it is found that the Hall or its contents (including any property owned by the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club) are damaged or items are missing, any or the entire bond will be used to repair or replace item. If the loss or damage is greater than the bond amount paid, the Hirer will be responsible for paying any sum necessary to repair or replace any loss or damage to the Hall and/or Hall contents, above the bond amount and will be notified by post of this amount, at which point payment must be made within 14 days.
- Similarly, if upon inspection after any hired session the Hall is found to be left in an unclean or unsatisfactory state, in the opinion of the Committee, and the hire of a professional cleaner is necessary, the bond will be used to cover the expenses regarding same. This also applies to any property belonging to the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club, and if any property requires cleaning a minimum cleaning cost of $40.00/hr will be charged to and paid by the hirer.
- Hirer shall leave hired equipment in as good condition and working to the same standard as at the date of hiring commenced. Should the hirer fail to do so, the hirer shall be responsible for all costs incurred by Hodgson Vale Community Sport Club in making good, repairing or replacing the equipment or goods.
- Hirer shall be responsible for the security of hired equipment whilst it is in the hirer’s possession or control. The Hirer is to care for and keep safe against all loss and damage to equipment occurring during the period of hire. If any equipment is lost, stolen, damaged in any way due to any act or omission of the hirer, the hirer will be liable for the repair or replacement cost of the relevant equipment. Under no circumstances is the hired equipment to leave or be taken or transported from the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club unless prior written permission is provided by the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club Committee.
o Not place any decorations on walls by any means apart from on the hooks and notice boards provided
o Provide own hand towels and toilet paper for bathroom, cleaning agents, disinfectants, bin liners, tea towels and wash cloths
o At the end of each hire term, attend to following:
§ Sweep and mop hall floor
§ Clean toilets
§ Clean oven, cook top & fridge (if used)
§ Clean barbecue and return to store room (if used)
§ Pick-up any litter in surrounding outside area
§ Decorations are to be removed (no decorations are to be stuck on the wall, hooks and notice boards are provided)
§ Deep Freezer in store room is to be left on
§ Turn off all lights, hot water, fridges & air conditioner
§ Empty, wash, and air any rubbish bins used
§ If wheelie bin is full take it to the top of the drive-way at cul-de-sac and park to the left of the driveway of the edge of the grass and concrete curb edge ready for collection
- Note: you may request, when booking, to be present while inspection takes place
Hodgsonvale Community Sports Club
Hodgson Vale Q’ld 4352
Ph: 0431 014 618
P O Box 8315
Toowoomba South Q’ld 4350
Hodgson Vale Q’ld 4352
If you would like to hire the hall, please contact the Booking Officer on 0431 014 618 to confirm dates.
Download the “Conditions for Hire form” (long or short term) and the “Hall Hire form” (long or short term) attached in the Contact Information Footer below.
Once completed, either post to the Booking Officer at the above Postal Address, or Email to