AGREEMENT FOR LONG TERM &
HIRE OF HODGSON VALE
COMMUNITY SPORTS CLUB
CONDITIONS OF HALL HIRE
- Please read all conditions carefully before signing the agreement. By signing this agreement you are confirming that you have read and understood all conditions regarding either long term or short term use of The Hall.
- If you don’t understand any of the following conditions please ask for assistance.
- It is also suggested that you retain a copy of the following conditions until period of hire ceases as a reference when conditions are being complied with and ensuring the hall is to a satisfactory standard upon leaving
- Committee = Committee of Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club
- Short Term Hire = One off event
- Long Term Hire = For a number of set dates over a set duration
- Hirer = The person that executes the Hall Hire Form and their agents, assigns and successors
- $12.00/hour for long-term hire
- $120.00/visit for short-term hire (members)
- $160.00/visit for short-term hire (non-members)
- Note: Short term hirers are required to pay a $50.00 deposit, which is deducted from total cost, listed above to confirm booking.
- Note: Arrangements can be made for collection of Hall Keys once full payment is received prior to use of the Hall, for both long-term & short-term hirers, by contacting member of the Committee (please see page 4 for contact details). Keys must be returned by 10 am of the day following end of rental period, or as per arrangements made with the Committee Member.
- $300.00 (bond is returned to payee upon satisfactory inspection of the Hall at the end of the rental period, whether short or long term).
- Payment for long term hire to be paid at start of hire period in advance quarterly, or as per arrangements made with the Committee Member.
- Facilities provided (cost inclusive in hire fee):
- Large 3 door industrial fridge
- Medium 2 door fridge
- Electric oven & cook top
- Electric urn
- Microwave oven
- 10 x eight-seat tables
- 1 x four-seat table, suitable for tea, coffee etc
- 80 chairs
- 1 trolley
- 6 bar stools
- Ceiling fans
- 2 split system air conditioners
- 2 internal toilets & 1 external/disabled toilet
- Lighting (internal & external)
- Power points for catering & entertainment
- Large car park
- Sporting oval
- Partially fenced adjoining playground (incl. swings)
- Cleaning materials (broom, mop & buckets, dustpan & brush, rubbish bins)
- Extras (these are not included in hire fee):
- Tennis Courts: $30.00/day (incl. shelter shed with seating & electricity)
- 6 Burner Barbecue: $10.00/day (for outside use only)
- Sound System $90.00/day set up by committee
- China & Cutlery $20.00 ( 0-20 people), $50.00 (21-50 people), $80.00 (51-80 people)
All items located in and at the hall remain the property of the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club at all times before, during and after the hire period, and title to items shall not pass, nor shall it be deemed to pass to hirer in any circumstances what so ever.
- Cancellation of booking will lead to forfeit of deposit as follows:
- Within 14 days of booked date 100% of deposit
- More then 14 days prior to booked date 20% of deposit
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO HIRE
- Submission of completed Hall Hire Form and payment of deposit. The hirer must also advise the intended use of the Hall.
- Any long-term hirer of The Hall shall hold a current Public Liability insurance policy for a value of no less then 5 million dollars and provide a copy of the Certificate of Currency for same to the Committee Member with Hall Hire Form.
- Any long-term hirer that intends to provide activities for children during their elected rental period must hold a current Working with Children Blue Card, this also applies to anyone that the long-term hirer may employ during the rental period and copies of Blue Cards of all hirers and employees must be provided to the Committee on request.
The Hirer covenants that:
- If a hireris providing activities involving children, that hirer or their employee shall remain responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the children from the time that they are present at the Hall, up to and until the children are collected by their parent/guardian from the designated pick-up zone and further the Hirer indemnifies in relation to any claim for death, injury or losses resulting from the Hirer’s failure to comply with this Clause.
- All hirers indemnify and hold indemnified the Hall Committee and its members from any liability in relation to activities conducted by or on behalf of the hirer.
- Any maintenance requirements or breakages are to be reported immediately to booking officer (refer to page 4 for contact details)
- All government regulations concerning noise and alcohol consumption must be adhered to. Glass bottles in any form must not be used at Hall or court functions and if necessary to do so, written permission from the Committee needs to be obtained prior to the booked date and such permission noted on the Hall Hire Form.
- All functions must end by 12am Midnight – all noise and lights are to be turned off by this time.
- Upon inspection of the Hall after any hired session, if it is found that the Hall or its contents (including any property owned by the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club) are damaged or items are missing, any or the entire bond will be used to repair or replace item. If the loss or damage is greater than the bond amount paid, the Hirer will be responsible for paying any sum necessary to repair or replace any loss or damage to the Hall and/or Hall contents, above the bond amount and will be notified by post of this amount, at which point payment must be made within 14 days.
- Similarly, if upon inspection after any hired session the Hall is found to be left in an unclean or unsatisfactory state, in the opinion of the Committee, and the hire of a professional cleaner is necessary, the bond will be used to cover the expenses regarding same. This also applies to any property belonging to the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club, and if any property requires cleaning a minimum cleaning cost of $40.00/hr will be charged to and paid by the hirer.
- Hirer shall leave hired equipment in as good condition and working to the same standard as at the date of hiring commenced. Should the hirer fail to do so, the hirer shall be responsible for all costs incurred by Hodgson Vale Community Sport Club in making good, repairing or replacing the equipment or goods. Hirer shall be responsible for the security of hired equipment whilst it is in the hirer’s possession or control. The Hirer is to care for and keep safe against all loss and damage to equipment occurring during the period of hire. If any equipment is lost, stolen, damaged in any way due to any act or omission of the hirer, the hirer will be liable for the repair or replacement cost of the relevant equipment. Under no circumstances is the hired equipment to leave or be taken or transported from the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club unless prior written permission is provided by the Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club Committee.
- Hirers must:
o Not place any decorations on walls by any means apart from on the hooks and notice boards provided
o Provide own hand towels and toilet paper for bathroom, cleaning agents, disinfectants, bin liners, tea towels and wash cloths
o At the end of each hire term, attend to following:
§ Sweep and mop hall floor
§ Clean toilets
§ Clean oven, cook top & fridge (if used)
§ Clean barbecue and return to hall (if used)
§ Pick-up any litter in surrounding outside area
§ Decorations are to be removed (no decorations are to be stuck on the wall, hooks and notice boards are provided)
§ Turn off all lights, hot water, fridges & air conditioner
§ Empty, wash, air and re-line any rubbish bins used
§ If wheelie bin is full take it to the top of the drive-way at cul-de-sac and park to the left of the driveway of the edge of the grass and concrete curb edge ready for collection
- Note: you may request, when booking, to be present while inspection takes place
Hodgson Vale Community Sports Club
5 Andrews Court
Hodgson Vale 4352
Ph: 0431 014618
P O Box 8315
Toowoomba South QLD 4350
If you would like to hire the hall, please download the hire form attached in the Contact Information Footer below.
Once completed, either post to the Booking Officer or Email to